Now that the school year is over, it is time to evaluate so that next year will be even better. Take time while you are resting, relaxing, and refreshing to reflect on this past school year.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What do I need to add to the curriculum next year to make it more effective in guiding the teaching of diverse learners?
- What planning can I do this summer to make me more efficient during the school year?
- How can I improve my classroom environment to make it more enjoyable and interesting?
- What new methods of instruction can I use next year to cultivate different styles of learners?
- How can I keep my students engaged each moment of the day?
- What different methods of assessment can I use next year that I haven’t used before?
- What expectations should I have for next year’s class?
- How can I better reach the parents for Christ?
- How can I deepen my students’ love for the Lord and knowledge of Him?
- How can I become a more effective Christian educator?
Notice: “I” is the common word in each question. You are the only person that can change/improve your classroom. Take ownership of your classroom and improve for next year. During your quiet time this summer, meditate on these questions so you can form a game plan for growth this summer. While you are resting, relaxing, and refreshing…don’t forget to reflect!
What would you add to the list? How would you answer one of the above questions? You can leave a comment by clicking here.
You can leave a comment by clicking here.